Qualifications criteria for HAAD in Nursing
These are the modified qualifications for Registered Nurses based on the latest ( PQR) Professional Qualification Requirements.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in nursing (3 years) or Associate Degree in nursing with evidence of passing the National exam (eg.NCLEX-RN).
- Valid National Professional License.
- Valid Basic Life Support certification.
- ACLS / PALS relevant to area of specialty.
- 2 years clinical experience post qualification in appropriate setting.
Documents Required to Apply for HAAD
Before you start application process for HAAD, make sure that you have scanned copy of all the required documents to upload for the data flow. The required documents for the application of registered nurse at HAAD are as follows:
- Recent passport size photograph with white background
- Valid Passport copy
- High school Certificate
- Degree or Diploma Certificate
- Experience certificates , must contain the job title and duration and to be signed by the human resources or Medical/Hospital director
- Home country license or license from the country where the relevant qualification was obtained
- Registration(s) or License(s) from each country where applicant have been employed.
- Certificate(s) of Good Standing From the regulatory authority issuing the licenses (registrations) for experiences
- United Arab Emirates Identification Card if available
- Family Book (UAE nationals )
- Sponsoring Facility Declaration form (applicable if you have sponsor, if none then leave this part blank)
- Letter of authorization
- CID/Security form (English pages only)
Procedure to apply for HAAD exam
If you are qualified for HAAD examination, then you may proceed with the Data flow process for credential verification. Data flow is an agency who will verify the required documents. If applicants are eligible after verification of documents, then they can proceed with the HAAD examination process.
1. Sign-up to the official Data flow website.
https://bpmweb.haad.ae/UserManagement/Login.aspx , click on new user to sign up for the first time.
2. Fill-up the application with your details relevant to your desired position.
Select none if you don’t have a sponsor or an employer and you can download and upload a blank document of the same if you don’t have a sponsor. Choose nursing and midwifery from the drop down-button and select registered nurse and your area of specialty.
3. Upload scanned documents to the place provided and then submit.
Fill in the necessary information required in each box. If you have any relatives in UAE then you can give their contact number for communication, else you can fill those place with 00000. If you already passed HAAD and will undergo data flow, upload your HAAD exam result in here.
4. Check your email to obtain your Data flow number.
You will receive a confirmation email from Data flow with your respective Data flow number after submission of the required documents.
Applicants in UAE can pay at the Data flow counters located at HAAD facilities while those outside of U.A.E can pay by using their credit cards, preferably with a U.A.E bank card.
6. Follow up
You can follow-up your application by sending email to [email protected] On completion of verification, data flow will send you an email for your HAAD web login (pre-licensing). Wait for at least 30 to 60 days for the verification process (some can take up to 90 days). If you are eligible, you can book for HAAD examination.
7. Booking for Examination
- Go to this link
- Log in and click on “E-Licensing” and select “Examination”.
- Click on “Exam Scheduling”.
- Enter your application number and click Search. Your application number will be emailed to you after the verification process.
- Select your desired date, time and testing center.
- Click “BOOK” button. Pay the examination fee using your credit card
- Print your Exam Ticket. This will be presented in the test center.
Exam Format for HAAD
It is a CBT ( computer based test) for 3 hours. There are 150 multiple choice questions to be answered and the result of the examination will be immediately available once you finish the exam as it is in Pometric. You will get a "pass or fail" result but not your score.
How to Retake HAAD exam
Candidates are given three attempts (in three separate applications) to pass the HAAD examination. If the candidate failed all the three attempts, he or she will have to wait for 1 year from the last one to retake the exam.
Application Fee for HAAD
Verification fee is 950AED. Documents verified under this fee includes:
- One educational qualification
- One License issued by the Regulatory Body of specific country of last experience
- Last 3 years work experience, limited to a maximum of 3 employers
- Certificate of Good Standing, from the country of last experience or from the last employer
For any additional documents to be verified, you must pay extra fee.
Licence issuance fee for Nurse is AED. 300
Exemption Criteria for HAAD registered Nurse
Applicants who are licensed within the below shown countries will be exempted from the Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife components of the HAAD competency based assessment (Examination)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Another exemption is for DHA licensed candidates, they can transfer their DHA license in to HAAD.
Check Out More :
- How to transfer your DHA License to HAAD
- DHA (Dubai Health Authority) Nursing Prometric Exam centers in India
- Procedure to apply for MOH UAE exam for Nurses
- How to Become a Registered Nurse in Australia
- HAAD exam for Registered Nurses - Procedure
- Procedure to Apply for DHA ( Dubai Health Authority ) Nursing Registration