Head Nurse (Labor and Delivery) (Job Code: SGHDHN02)
Department : Nursing
Qualifications :BSc in Nursing, units in masters degree of Nursing Administration is
Experience :5 years as Head Nurse in Labor and Delivery
No of Positions :1
Closing Date :30 April 2016
- Performs nursing administrative functions to Labor and Delivery Unit either directly or by delegation to assigned service personnel.
- Contributes to the establishment of Nursing shared mission, vision, and objectives ensuring appropriate and timely communication to the staff under supervision.
- Solves problems relating to nursing care documenting it accordingly including in the running commentary, if it is involving nursing staff.
- Develops and maintains professional quality standards and makes recommendations for improvement of such standards.
- Recommends educational activities for nursing staff in Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Supports hospital-wide safety plans by strictly enforcing rules and regulations concerning safety practices and disaster plans.
- Communicates with subordinates, other healthcare team members, and clients in professional manner.
- Conducts unit orientation for newly hired nurses received in the unit.
- Evaluates assigned staff without bias at least annually and periodically as required.
- Requests supplies and other required resources ensuring appropriate and efficient utilization avoiding wastage.
- Keeps informed of current developments in the field of Labor and Delivery and keeps the staff up-to-date of procedures through group discussions, lectures, and in-service training.
- Collaborates with other departmental personnel in planning programs integrating the curative and preventive aspects of total patient care. Is responsible for the operation of approved curative-preventive programs as they relate to Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Determines requirements and actions to assure availability of special equipment, drugs and supplies per the approval of Nursing Director.
- Plans and maintains master work schedules necessary for required performance of all nurses and support services staff assigned in Labor and Delivery Unit including leaves of absence, vacations, holiday, weekend and emergency on call schedules, and computation of off and overtime balances at the end of the month.
- Directs the personnel functions of assigned staff including application of SG Hospital personnel policies in employment, wages, conduct of employees, safety, and other related activities; handling grievances; administering warning and disciplinary actions where necessary in conformance with SG Hospital’s policies.
- Participates on Nursing Quality Management and other hospital-wide committee programs as designated by the Nursing Director.
- Assesses the situation of Labor and Delivery Unit equally distributing patient assignments to nurses according to skills and work loads.
- Ensures patient safety at all times and sees to it that problems presented are attended in timely manner, properly documented, and reported to the Nursing Management according to the proper channels of communication.
- Counter-checks patients’ files to ensure that doctors’ orders are carried-out properly and documentations are done by the assigned nurses and that patients are charged accordingly.
- Coordinates with allied department as necessary regarding patient’s conditions and Emergency of care.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing, Asst. Director of Nursing, and Nursing Supervisors all significant occurrences in the unit.
- Conducts staff counseling, as necessary.
- Ensures that the Labor and Delivery Unit is well equipped with gadgets, machines, instruments, and materials needed in the area; being able to demonstrate to the staff on the proper operation, cleaning and disinfection of equipment.
- Reports to Bio-Medical and Maintenace Departments defective equipment and makes follow through until item is returned to the unit.
- Represents the unit in the department or hospital’s meetings as designated.
- Conducts unit meetings to tackle on issues affecting staff performance and other unit-related concerns in the care of patients admitted in the unit.
- Performs other duties as designated by the Director of Nursing.
APPLY ONLINE :CLICK HERE
MORE DETAILS :CLICK HERE
For genuine and timely CENTRAL govt, STATE govt and ABROAD hospital staff nurse vacancy notifications hit a like at our facebook page viz www.facebook.com/world4nurses or join our fb groupNursesworld.com