Position: Short Service Commission
List of requirements
Candidates should be female nurses.
They should be citizen of India (Nationality)
Nurses should have passed M.Sc., (Nursing)/ PB B.Sc., (Nursing)/ B.Sc., (Nursing) from INC recognized University or Colleges. They should be registered nurse and midwife from State Nursing Council.
Date of birth – between 02 August 1981 and 03 August 1995 (both dates are inclusive for eligibility). (This is for this year 2016 selection)
Physical Fitness: Medical fitness and Physical fitness.
Medical fitness will be assessed as per military standards by military authorities. Various examinations will be done such as X-ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen). After Medical fitness, Physical fitness will be done for selected candidates from Medical Board by an office of DGAFMS. Nurses are considered temporarily medically unfit if they are pregnant during medical examination.
Nurses will be selected based on written test and interview and medical examination.
Only eligible candidates will called for written test and test will be conducted between first and second week September every year. Test will be for 100 marks and test question includes Nursing, English language and general intelligence and these will be objective type questions. There is no negative marking. The test will be conducted in OMR based evaluation of the answer sheets and test will be evaluated at IHQ of Mod (Army). Selected candidates are listed in online army website and interview will be conducted during fourth week September every year. Results won’t send to individual candidates and army won’t be responsible for informing results to select candidates individually.
Interview and Medical Examination:
Based on merit, selected candidates are invited or called for interview in Delhi in the month of October every year. Candidates who passed in interview will be called for medical examination and will be done for 2 to 3 days. After medical examination, selected candidates will be informed through letter and call letter will send. Selected candidates should report to various hospitals in armed forces.
Candidates can serve in military for total 14 years. They can work in army for 5 years and later they extend the service (5+5+4). Nurses will be posted position in anywhere in India like regular Military Nursing Service officers in Army, Navy and Air Force.
After general formalities, the nurses will posted or grant of rank of Lieutenant with monthly pay of Rs. 15,000 + Grade Pay Rs. 5,400/- + Military Service Pay Rs. 4,200/- + DA and Allowance. Nurses will be other benefits such as free ration, accommodation and other facilities will be given.
- Entry Position: Lieutenant
- Captain – After three years of commissioned service, they will be promoted to Captain.
- Major – After 8 years of commissioned service, nurses will ranked as major in military.
- Lieutenant Col – They need to serve for about 16 years in military to rank Lieutenant Col position.
- Col – This is based on selection.
- Brigade – This is based on selection.
- Major General – This is based on selection.
How to apply for Short Service Commission?
Candidates can apply online by visiting army site joinindianarmy.nic.in and every year in the month July to August, military call for this position.
- Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (indicating date of birth)
- Valid registration certificate of upgraded PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing course.PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing certificate & marklists.
- NCC Certificate, if any
- Character Certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Proof of Indian Nationality (Nationality/Domicile certificate/Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Passport/any other proof)
- No objection certificate from the present employer, if employed.
- One self addressed envelope with Rs 40/- postal stamp for speed-post (of call letters if selected).
- Copy of release order if previously served in Military Nursing Service9.
- In case of change of name, copy of Gazette Notification/any other authority clearly highlighting your new name
Address for contact:Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army)
Dte Gen of Medical Services (Army)/DGMS-4B
Room No. 45, ‘L’ Block
Tele no 011-23092294
E-mail [email protected]
For more information about military opportunities for nurses, you can visit websites
Check Out More Jobs:
- Latest Staff Nurse Vacancy in Kerala Paramedical Jobs 2016-2017
- Oman Ministry Of Health Hiring Staff Nurses B,Sc / Gnm
- Healthcare Opportunities for Government Hospital in UAE
- Goa Shipyard Recruitment Staff Nurse Vacancy 2016
- NURSES FOR MALDIVES - MINISTRY OF HEALTH
- GNM NURSES (Assistance Nurse) To Dubai Health Authority
For genuine and timely CENTRAL govt, STATE govt and ABROAD hospital staff nurse vacancy notifications hit a like at our facebook page viz www.facebook.com/world4nurses or join our fb group Nursesworld.com